My friend Katy asked me to do a week diary of meals, so here we go! For better or worse, these will be accurate accounts of what my two year old son and I eat. Some days will be better than others, I’m sure 😉 I don’t know why I decided to randomly start this on a Wednesday, but I figure today is as good as any! lol. If there is anything you want the brand name of or recipe for, let me know!
- James: 9 oz sippy of “milk” (almond and coconut milks plus supplements, which are in tomorrow’s entry) when he wakes up, then later he had 1 gluten-free waffle (kid was begging for waffles!) spread with sunflower seed butter, 2 pieces nitrate-free bacon, 1 mandarin orange, peeled and in sections. 🙂
- Me: 1 glass water with lemon juice when I woke up, then one pint green juice (refer to previous entry for recipe), later followed by 4 pieces (whoopsie! lol) of bacon and 2 pastured eggs scrambled with pastured butter, green onions, spinach, crimini mushrooms, squash, and herbs from the garden.
- James: 3/4 of a small baked sweet potato mashed with butter, cinnamon, ginger, clove, all spice, nutmeg, and a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt, and about 10 blackberries.
- Me: another piece of bacon, the remaining 1/4 of his sweet potato, and a few rice chips with locally made hummus by my friend Sherie.
- James: 5 honey BBQ chicken wings, a few roasted turnips, parsnips, and carrots (dipped in ketchup and mustard! lol), and 1 whole tomato, sliced up with vinaigrette dressing.
- Me: 5 honey BBQ chicken wings, 5 buffalo chicken wings, roasted turnips, parsnips, beets, carrots, and onions tossed with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar, salad of butter lettuce, green onion, sliced tomatoes, pepperoncini, sesame seeds, vinaigrette dressing, and cracked black pepper.
Thanks for reading! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this updated for the next 7 days faithfully! 😉 What did you eat today? Reply below! 🙂