My friend Katy asked me to do a week diary of meals, so here we go! For better or worse, these will be accurate accounts of what my two year old son and I eat. Some days will be better than others, I’m sure 😉 I don’t know why I decided to randomly start this on a Wednesday, but I figure today is as good as any! lol. If there is anything you want the brand name of or recipe for, let me know!
- James: 9 oz sippy of “milk” (almond and coconut milks plus supplements, which are in tomorrow’s entry) when he wakes up, then later he had 1 gluten-free waffle (kid was begging for waffles!) spread with sunflower seed butter, 2 pieces nitrate-free bacon, 1 mandarin orange, peeled and in sections. 🙂
- Me: 1 glass water with lemon juice when I woke up, then one pint green juice (refer to previous entry for recipe), later followed by 4 pieces (whoopsie! lol) of bacon and 2 pastured eggs scrambled with pastured butter, green onions, spinach, crimini mushrooms, squash, and herbs from the garden.
- James: 3/4 of a small baked sweet potato mashed with butter, cinnamon, ginger, clove, all spice, nutmeg, and a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt, and about 10 blackberries.
- Me: another piece of bacon, the remaining 1/4 of his sweet potato, and a few rice chips with locally made hummus by my friend Sherie.
- James: 5 honey BBQ chicken wings, a few roasted turnips, parsnips, and carrots (dipped in ketchup and mustard! lol), and 1 whole tomato, sliced up with vinaigrette dressing.
- Me: 5 honey BBQ chicken wings, 5 buffalo chicken wings, roasted turnips, parsnips, beets, carrots, and onions tossed with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar, salad of butter lettuce, green onion, sliced tomatoes, pepperoncini, sesame seeds, vinaigrette dressing, and cracked black pepper.
Thanks for reading! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this updated for the next 7 days faithfully! 😉 What did you eat today? Reply below! 🙂
Breakfast: organic blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, banana, and Super Greens smoothie made with hemp milk, chocolate almond milk and sprouted chia seeds.
Lunch: raw orange and yellow carrots with an Asian peanut dipping sauce; half an avocado with juiced lime, lemon, and cracked pepper.
Snack:raw cacao and coconut butter on Ancient Grains crackers.
2 Gluten Free Dreams chocolate chip cookies (that I baked yesterday and that are DELICIOUS).
no dinner?? :p
The cookies were my dinner 😉
Bc I’m an adult. lol
that seems reasonable!
Oh gosh. I feel it’s only fair to tell you my food log… Even though eating has been difficult for me lately and today was an especially bad day.
Breakfast- water, 1/4 English muffin with butter, a couple bites of scrambled eggs. Then I went to Starbucks since I was starving and got more water and a banana chocolate chip morning bun. Makena ate scrambled eggs andstrawberries.
Snack- handful of almonds. Makena snacks a bunch lately and ate cantaloupe, carrot sticks with hummus, almonds, frozen peas, a 100% fruit popsicle, a couple pretzels.
Lunch- pasta salad with mayo, cucumbers, and carrots. Eaten with Triscuit crackers. Makena ate tofu, pasta with butter and parmesan, cantaloupe, strawberries.
Snack- we picked up a dozen mini cupcakes to bring to book club later and Makena and I each ate one. Well she ate half of hers and I finished it. Then she asked for a piece of easter candy and said “I didn’t finish my cupcake…” And since I had already eaten it I said yes she could have the candy.
Dinner- quesadillas with cheese and black beans. Makena had more carrots and peas. I had chips and guacamole.
And then I ate another mini cupcake at book club!!
Not an awesome food log day. At all.
lol! not every day can be perfect! 😉 my “lunch” today was far from stellar!
Your menu sounds amazing! You should post the parsnip-carrot recipe!
Breakfast: Smoothie: organic banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, super greens (Swiss chard, spinach, arugula, etc), organic choc almond milk, plain and vanilla hemp milk
Snack 1: 16oz juice: kale, pineapple, mango, coconut water
Snack 2: handful of raw energy trail mix (walnuts, pecans, cashews, pumpkin seeds, raisins)
Snack 3: handfuls of dry roasted edamame/goji berry mix
Snack 4: 8oz juice: carrot and apple
Snack 5: handful of GF vegan blueberry granola
Snack 6: 16oz juice: super greens and watermelon
Snack 7: more raw energy trail mix and granola and edamame/goji mix
Supper: Amy’s organic GF Indian masala burrito with nutritional yeast, Daiya, and Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
Lol. PMS hunger + 5 hours of massage = eat all day.
Oh… AND a raw revolution bar this morning!!!
Yummmmm!! I want all that now! Lol