Tonight, the hubs and I actually had just juice for dinner. (I know, who ARE we now?!) Well, plus a little fruit and veg we nibbled on while washing and prepping 🙂 We use a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth juicer (only $59 on Amazon!), which has been working well for us so far. My juicing tips for y’all:
- Use organic fruits and vegetables if possible. But conventional is better than nothing! The Dirty Dozen/Clean 15 rules can be a big help as well.
- Feel free to experiment! My recipes are just what I do but you can substitute (or leave out) whatever you prefer. For example, the juice recipe below is mine, but my husband doesn’t like cucumber so I sub other things in for him.
- Juice is best consumed immediately after making (nutrient and taste-wise) but you can store in the fridge in a mason jar as full to the top as possible with the lid on tightly. Consume within 24 hours.
- Use a produce bag or grocery bag to line the pulp container. It will make clean up much easier!
- Always wash your juicer immediately! No matter how tired or lazy you are feeling, I promise that you will never regret washing that thing immediately.
…And onto the Juice of the Day! (which looked a little funky tonight due to the mix of veg)
- 3 kales leaves
- 3 beet green leaves
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 small or 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 very small beet
- 1 apple
- handful parsley
- couple of springs of fresh mint
- 1 tsp Super Green Power powder
- juice of 1 lemon (squeezed into the juice after)
Makes about a 16oz mason jar full, give or take, depending on your juicer and the juiciness of your vegetables 😉 If you are just beginning green juices and want it a bit sweeter you can always subtract some of the greens/celery and add an extra apple. Enjoy! 🙂